Sunday, September 2, 2012

12 thing's story


            Twenty years ago, there happened a mysterious trip on me and my friend-Cola, who is an African female with huge passion about betting. One sunny day, Cola set a bet with me that I dare not travelling the earth within eighty days, by canoe. I put down the book written by Jules Gabriel Verne, and looked at her seriously, said “Have you heard that Verne actually wrote the Around the World in 80 Days on a hot air balloon. Dare you get on this trip with me?” We started to prepare the supplies. I put a bag of chestnuts in a jar, and two blankets for me and Cola to keep warm during the freezing nights on the sea. I carried some matches and a ruler for measuring. Cola brought a yellow wallet with monkey and elephant prints on that her grandfather left, which she said would bring good fortune. The journey started after we fully prepared. It was all good until there was a terrible storm. Cola and I were pulled into the sea and separated by the strong streams. After struggling, I lost conscious. After I woke up, I realized that I was on a desolated island. On the island, there were some strange black statues that were as high as real man. They were facing to the same direction. I walked further to the center of the island, trying to find some help. All of sudden, I saw a finka-a farmer house with some animals around. I shouted aloud and ran to the house. A man came and introduced himself, whom I knew later he was the owner of the finka and he was actually a drummer and collected folk music around the world. He greeted me into his house and in his living room; there were a lot his collections. He showed me a set of coin collection with he got from Europe and a stamper while he visited China. I told him about my experience, and he said he would help me finding Cola. The next day, we were on our way finding Cola.

No comments:

Post a Comment